Updated April 1, 2011
Because We want to demonstrate Our commitment to your privacy, We want to notify you of:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through this Web site;
- Who is collecting the information;
- How the information is used;
- With whom the information may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Our control; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information We collect.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact our Customer Service Department by email at email@example.com, by completing the Customer Feedback Form in the Helpdesk section or by phone at 1.888.801.9164.
We collect personal and non-personal information that you provide to Us when using this Website or that you provide to Our Customer Service Department when communicating with Us offline or via e-mail.
We also collect non-personal information about users of the Website. The non-personal information we collect on this Website is information that by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information and other anonymous statistical data relating to the use of this Website. For example, we collect and store certain non-personal information automatically whenever you interact with this Website, including your IP address, browser information and reference site domain name. We also collect non-personal information regarding customer traffic patterns and site usage. This information is used to analyze and improve this Website and to provide Our customers with a fulfilling shopping experience.
Also, like many web sites, We use "cookies," which are files stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. These cookies help Us identify Our account holders and optimize their shopping experience. They do not include any data that will identify you personally. They will, however, allow you to use some specialized features of the Website. Cookies also allow Us to hold selections in your shopping cart when you leave Our site without checking out. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but allow you to disable them if you wish.
Most browsers provide You with the option to set your browser to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalized services cannot then be provided to you and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features on Our Website.
Targeted advertising (also known as online behavioral advertising) uses information collected on an individual's web browsing behavior, such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information is then used to select which of Our advertisements should be displayed to a particular individual on websites other than this Website. The information collected is only linked to an anonymous cookie ID (alphanumeric number); it does not include any information that could be linked back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number. The information used for targeted advertising either comes from Us or through third party website publishers. If you would like to opt out of targeted advertising that occurs on Our third party advertising publishers, please click here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Please note that this will opt you out of targeted ads from Us and any other participating advertisers. If you opt out, you will continue to receive online advertising from Us; however, these ads may not be as relevant to you.
From time to time, We use the purchases you make to customize Our product recommendations. We also track customer traffic patterns and site usage. Traffic and usage data is used only to improve Our Website's design and provide Our customers with a fulfilling shopping experience.
You can correct you account data by clicking on "My Account". If you have any questions or concerns about correcting or updating your Account, please contact Our Customer Service Department.
From time to time, We will contact you about sales, special offers and new site features if you agreed to be included in Our email lists when you completed a purchase transaction with Us. To customize the information you want to receive from Us, simply sign on and select the specific information you wish to receive. To cancel Our free emails, click the "If you no longer wish to receive Our email updates, please click here" link at the bottom of any promotional email we send you. You can also send an email by completing the Customer Feedback Form in the Helpdesk section or call Us toll-free at 1-888-801-9164 and inform Us that you want to unsubscribe to Our email list.
Users of this Website have the opportunity to e-mail product pages to their friends. In order to accomplish this, you must provide to Us each such friend's name and e-mail address. We only use your friend's information to send them the product pages you request that they receive.
If you send an online gift certificate or gift card to a third party, you must provide Us with the recipient's name and e-mail address. We only use this information to deliver such gift certificate or gift card.
We have established several relationships with third parties vendors to best serve Our customers and to operate this Website.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on Our behalf in connection with the operation of this Website. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, hosting and operating the Website and providing customer service. These third parties have access to your information collected through this Website as needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Affiliates: From time to time, We may establish one or more affiliate programs. An affiliate program allows other web sites to earn money by linking customers to Our Website from their sites. These affiliates can only access data about the number of transactions and their resulting earnings. They cannot access Our customers' personal data. If you choose to apply to any of Our affiliate programs, We use the data you give Us strictly for conducting business with you. We may enter into certain agreements with certain third parties for the purpose of helping to administer affiliate programs. Such third parties may have access to certain of your information if you are an affiliate of the Website, but is restricted to only use such information in connection with its administration of the affiliate programs.
- Order Fulfillment and Customer Service: GSI and certain vendors of ours provide customer order fulfillment and shipping services and customer service on Our behalf. These vendors have access only to information needed to accurately fulfill and ship orders that are processed through such vendors and to provide customer services. These vendors have agreed to not use any personally identifiable information of customers for any other purpose.
- Credit Card Processing: We use a third party to process credit card orders. We supply them with data for credit card authorization and fraud detection only and they are restricted from using the data for any other purposes.
- Website Evaluation, Marketing and Promotions: From time to time, We may engage other third parties to assist in providing Website evaluation services, marketing, order processing, fulfillment and shipping services, as well as customer service. In addition, We or GSI may engage third parties to provide services such as fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, data analysis and data cleansing. These third parties will only have access to information to the extent necessary and will be required to not use any personal information for any purpose other than providing such services. Also, you permit Us to share your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law. We may transfer your personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event. Additionally, We may share non-personal, non-individual statistical information with Our marketing partners, advertisers or other third parties for research purposes. That is, We will not tell Our marketing partners that you purchased a specific product, but we may tell them how many customers purchased that product.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect your personal information. The only time you are required to sign on the Website is when you are making a purchase. On the checkout page, you will be asked to access your existing account or create a new one. Existing account holders are prompted for their user ID (your email address) and password. This password is for your protection. If you don't have your password, there is a link that reads "Forgot your password?" Click on this for instructions on how to get your password.
If We are going to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, We will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not We use your information in this different manner. In addition, if We make any material changes in Our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in Our database, We will post a prominent notice on the Website notifying users of the change. In some cases where We post the notice, We will also email users who have opted to receive communications from Us, notifying them of the changes in Our privacy practices.
If you have any questions regarding your privacy or any of Our policies, please contact Our Customer Service Department by completing the Customer Feedback Form in the Helpdesk section or call Us toll-free at 1-800-360-8721.
Under California law, you have the right to request and receive information from retailers concerning any third parties who have received personal information about you from such retailers for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Any such requests for information from Us can be made by contacting Our Customer Service Department by completing the Customer Feedback Form in the Helpdesk section or by calling Us toll-free at 1-800-360-8721.